Friday, August 18, 2017

Perfect Toy to Foster a Love of Elephants

There are few animals more majestic, more adored, and sadly, more poached than the elephant. That’s why wildlife organizations across the globe team up for World Elephant Day on August 12. What better way to raise awareness of the importance of protecting these endangers animals, than by introducing kids to the animal through play. We’ve recommend this playful elephant shape sorting toy from Playgro sure to spark a lifelong love of elephants in your little one!

Playgro’s Elephant Shape Sorter is designed to teach shapes, colors and logic, not to mention introduce toddlers to one of the most interesting animals on the planet. The shape sorter is perfect for toddlers, while the brightly colored and numbered shapes are a great counting toy for pre-schoolers. For 12 months+ MSRP: $14.99 Available online at BuyBuyBaby.com.


  • Develop cognitive skills through colors, shapes & numbers
  • Vibrant colors and patterns encourage visual perception
  • Crinkle sound ears offer auditory stimulation
My Thoughts

My son was fascinated by the bright colors and the crinkley ears when he played with them.My girlfriend brought her one year old over and the two of them played together so sweetly with it. My girlfriend actually told me she was going to go out and get one as well. For my son he was trying to put everything in his mouth, but Kenzie was making elephant noises as soon as she saw it, and it was named "Rosie" by the time the playdate was over. Unfortunately my phone was dead so I could not get any photos of them playing with it. We are in the process of moving from North Carolina to New Jersey and we left the toy with my mother. As soon as we get back with the toy, I am sure it will be right back in my son's mouth, and I will get a picture then, and add it to this post. 

Elephants have been a staple in his toys since he was born, and I am looking forward to helping him learn his shapes and colors like Kenzie was. I love that there is also the added benefit of helping promote keeping elephants safe. It really is a beautiful and vibrant toy that I know my son will get a lot of play time out of. The different blocks and the fun elephant shaped head is a lot of fun. This is a great gift idea for someone as well, and it is so reasonably priced.


 Connect with Playgro


Website     Face Book     Twitter    Buy Buy Baby     Pinterest    Instagram




0 comments: